The Graco Foundation
The Graco Foundation – 2014 Community Report
PLEASE NOTE: The Graco Foundation accepts new grant applications by invitation only.
No unsolicited grants will be accepted.
Founded in 1926, Graco is a world leader in fluid handling systems and components. Graco products move, measure, control, dispense and spray a wide range of fluids and viscous materials used in lubrication, commercial and industrial settings. The Company's success is based on its unwavering commitment to technical excellence, world-class manufacturing and superior customer service. Working closely with specialized distributors, Graco offers products which set the quality standards in a wide range of fluid handling applications, including spray finishing and paint circulation, lubrication, sealants and adhesives and power application equipment for contractors. Graco's ongoing investment in fluid management and controls will continue to provide innovative solutions to a diverse global market. The Company has corporate headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and employs approximately 2,600 people worldwide. Graco common stock (ticker symbol: GGG) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
The Company is also committed to the communities in which it does business. Through The Graco Foundation, 2014 contributions reached $797,215.
The Foundation's goal is to help organizations grow their ability to serve community needs through grants specifically focused on capital projects and technology needs. Priority will be given to organizations that have a proven track record of enabling people to be self-sufficient and more productive. Emphasis will be placed on educational programs (including early childhood education), human service programs that promote workforce development, and youth development/sports programs. Organizations located in neighborhoods close to Graco Inc. facilities and employees' homes are of special interest to the Foundation.
In order to have the resources to address these focus areas and have a significant impact on grantee organizations, the Foundation has a preference for large one-time capacity building grants rather than operating grants. The maximum commitment per capital campaign is $150,000. Additionally, grants within a 2-year period are generally not considered.
Employee Giving Campaign
Through the Employee Giving Campaign, every contribution made by Graco employees to eligible nonprofit organizations is matched $1 for $1 by the Foundation up to a maximum contribution of $200,000. In 2014, employees pledged $152,720 to roughly 262 different nonprofit organizations. Employees raised an additional $4,884 in special event proceeds to benefit employee-elected Charities of Choice.
Dollars for Doers Program
Through the Dollars for Doers Program, the Foundation donates $1,000 to any eligible nonprofit organization where an employee has volunteered 50 hours or more. Time that a spouse or dependent of a Graco employee volunteers may be counted toward the 50 hours. Dollars for Doers support in 2014 totaled $135,000.
The Foundation also sponsors a scholarship program for college age children of Graco employees. Scholarship support in 2014 totaled $148,266.
When The Graco Foundation invites an organization to submit a grant request, please include a cover letter, on organizational letterhead, describing your program and how it fits our focus areas. In addition, each proposal should contain:
- brief description of the organization's history;
- program objectives;
- clients served;
- budget, including program expenses and revenue sources;
- program evaluation methods and results;
- list of corporate and foundation donors;
- list of the Board of Directors;
- copy of 501(c)(3) or other tax exempt confirmation;
- copy of most recent IRS form 990; and
- copy of most recent audit.
The Graco Foundation requires all grantees to complete a final project report. Reports must be completed no later than one year after the initial grant payment. Organizations with overdue final reports are ineligible to apply for future funding until the final report is received and approved by Foundation staff.
Final reports should include the following information:
- brief summary of project and an outline of original goals and objectives;
- details of project accomplishments including outcomes, evaluation methods and impact on organization;
- description of population served through the project - including numbers and demographics;
- explanation of any unanticipated changes and/or problems and how they were resolved; and
- project budget including actual income and expenses (please include original budget and list of additional funders).
The Foundation focus does not usually allow grants for:
- organizations or causes that do not directly impact Graco communities;
- political campaigns;
- religious organizations for religious purposes;
- special events, dinners, courtesy advertising;
- fraternal organizations;
- staff or personnel overhead;
- national or local campaigns for disease research;
- first time general operating grants; or
- product donations.
Community Relations Manager
The Graco Foundation
3501 N. 4th Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
- Dunwoody College of Technology: $12,500
- Eastside Neighborhood Services: $58,854
- First Robotics at Edison High School: $10,000
- Greater Minneapolis Council of Churches: $10,000
- Minneapolis Community & Technical College: $85,875
- Minnesota Diversified Industries: $1,000
- Technical School & University Scholarships: $183,000
- Alexandria Technical College - $10,000
- Dunwoody Institute - $10,000
- Hennepin Technical College - $10,000
- Lake Area Technical Institute - $10,000
- Minneapolis Community & Technical College –
Power of You - $10,000
- Minnesota Private Colleges - $38,000
- Page Education Foundation - $10,000
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology - $10,000
- South Dakota State University - $10,000
- Stark State College Foundation - $10,000
- United Negro College Fund - $15,000
- University of Akron - $10,000
- University of Minnesota Institute of Technology - $20,000
- University of Sioux Falls - $10,000