How can we set up a TLM with a 2,500-gallon tank that is 4 feet underground, since the maximum distance between the TLM sound wave generator and the top of the tank is 12 inches?
The offset allowed in the software is limited to 12 inches currently. If the tank is vertical, there may be a couple of ways to game the system to give you an appropriate measurement. Assuming a vertical style tank:
- Define one point that would be the tank’s maximum fluid volume and maximum fluid level.
- Define one point that is the fluid height for the down tube to the sensor, and the maximum fluid level plus 3.79 l (1 gallon). For example, for a 2,500-gallon tank that is 10 feet tall (120 inches) and has 4 feet (48 inches) of down tube, the tank profile may look like this:
Tank capacity of 2,501 gallons
Tank Shape = non-standard, with a strapping table that has three rows of data:
1) 0 inches of fluid level = 0 gallons of volume
2) 120 inches of fluid level = 2,500 gallons
3) 168 inches of fluid level = 2,501 gallons