EcoQuip 2 EQs Dual Line - Shutdown and Storage
Follow along as we go through how to shutdown, drain and winterize your EQs Dual Line system.
Before shutting down air compressor:
1. Make sure abrasive ball valves are closed
To shut down your EcoQuip 2 EQs dual line for overnight:
1. Use the wash feature to flush all abrasive from the blast hose. (Refer to Use the Wash Feature, page 24). *
2. Turn the selector valve to OFF.
3. With the abrasive ball valves closed, continue to blast until all water is cleared from the hose. This dries the inside of the hose for storage.
4. Follow the Pressure Relief Procedure. (Refer to manual, page 17).
* Notice: To prevent material from packing out and damaging blast hoses, ensure that the abrasive ball valves are fully closed before shutting off your air compressor.
Draining the Pot
To drain the pot for the EcoQuip 2 Dual Line, follow these directions:
1. Before draining the pot, verify that Pressurize the Pot has been completed. (Refer to manual, page 16.) Check the pot pressure gauge to verify that the pot is pressurized.
2. Close the abrasive ball valves and disconnect the blast control connections
3. Disconnect the cam locks between the enclosure and the abrasive ball valves
4. Remove the coupler pins. Pull the rings out and up to pull the two cams away from the groove
5. Place bucket under the camlock couplers and then turn selector valve to WASH to run water through cam locks
6. Verify that the gasket is clean and fully installed.
7. Turn the selector valve to BLAST to pump abrasive out of the abrasive hose.
8. Place a bucket under the end of one abrasive hose.
9. To flush abrasive material from the pot, slowly open and close the abrasive ball valves. Repeat several times.
10. Once no abrasive material flows from the hose, close the abrasive ball valves.
11. Repeat the flush process with the other abrasive hose.
12. Turn the selector valve to OFF.
13. Open the abrasive ball valves and drain the water from the pot.
14. Shut the abrasive ball valves.
15. Connect the camlocks between the enclosure and the abrasive ball valves.
16. The shape of the pressure pot may allow some residual media to remain in the pot after draining. To remove all media from the pot:
17. Remove the handway cover on the side of the pressure pot.
18. Remove the pot drain clamp and cap on the bottom of the pressure pot.
19. Drain any residual media through the drain port in the bottom of the pressure pot.
20. After draining, install the pot drain clamp, pot drain cap, and handway cover.
Wanting to winterize your EcoQuip 2 Dual line? Follow these steps:
1. Drain the Pot (Refer to manual, page 26). *
2. Drain water tank. Disconnect the pump inlet hose and open water tank valve. **
3. Drain pump inlet hose and insert the end of the pump into a windshield wash fluid container. ***
4. For EQ DL units without a water tank only: Disconnect the water inlet regulator from the pump. Install the winterizing tube. Insert the winterizing tube into a windshield washer fluid container.
5. Shut both abrasive metering valves.
6. Shut both water dose metering valves.
7. Open the rinse ball valve while holding the rinse hose over the pot.
8. When windshield washing fluid comes out of the rinse hose, shut the rinse ball valve.
9. Turn the selector valve to WASH. Verify that the internal wash tubing to both blast circuits is filled with windshield washing fluid.
10. Turn the selector valve to OFF.
11. Open both water dose metering valves.
12. Press the winterization button and turn the selector valve to BLAST.
13. Verify that the internal wash tubing to both blast circuits is filled with windshield washing fluid.
14. Release the winterization button, turn the selector valve to OFF, and shut both water dose metering valves.
15. Open both abrasive metering valves.
16. Press the winterization button and turn the selector valve to BLAST.
17. Verify that the internal abrasive metering tubing is filled with windshield washing fluid.
18. Release the winterization button.
19. Verify that the water tubing to the pot is filled with windshield washer fluid.
20. Turn the selector valve to OFF. ****
21. Engage the emergency stop
22. Connect the pump inlet hose to the water tank valve.
23. Verify that the rinse ball valve and the water tank valve are left open. *****
* Notice: Vapor abrasive blasters must be winterized whenever there is a possibility of freezing temperatures during storage to avoid damage to the equipment.
** Note: All disposal must comply with national, state, and local regulations
*** Note: Choose a windshield washer fluid with a rating that will protect the equipment for the lowest temperatures in your area.
**** NOTE: All water tubing should be filled with windshield washing fluid.
***** Notice: If ice forms behind the seals, the seals can become damaged. During storage, position all ball valves in the open position.
What is the Blue Liquid in the Water Tank
To protect the unit from various storage and transportation temps, each unit is protected with Windshield Wash Fluid.
Pinch Hose Maintenance
Learn more about what can affect your pinch hose life, how to inspect it, and how to replace it.
How to Get a Steady Flow of Blast Media
Learn more about what may be causing an unsteady flow of blast media.