ToughTek S340e - Cleaning
Answers to how to clean the ToughTek S340e.
Cleaning the System
How often should I clean the system/perform system maintenance?
It is recommended to perform the following tasks daily:
- Flush the system
- Scrub the hopper
- Clean the outside of the system with a wet cloth (do NOT directly spray the motor housing or control box with a hose)
- Check hoses, tubes and couplings for wear. Replace as necessary.
- Check cam locks fittings and gaskets. Replace as necessary
- Check fluid drain/purge valve for proper operation. Replace as necessary.
- Check Throat Seal Liquid (TSL) level. Replenish as necessary.
- Break down the pump lower and clean and inspect check balls
It is recommended to perform the following tasks weekly:
- Grease swivel fittings on applicators.
- Break down the pump lower and clean and inspect all wear components (piston, o-rings, seats, check balls). Also perform this task when changing materials.
- In order to prevent corrosion do not leave water or water based fluids in the system overnight. Stop the pump at the bottom of the stroke to protect the throat seal from residual material drying out and damaging the seal.
Cleaning and Flushing
What can I clean my pump and hoses with once I am done running?
After shutting down the system and relieving pressure, use only water to clean and flush the system after running. Do NOT directly spray the motor housing or control box with a hose.
Can I use a solvent to flush out my pump?
No. Materials of construction of the S340e are not solvent compatible. Using a solvent to clean or flush the system will result in shorter pump life, and/or reduced pump performance. Use only clean water to clean and flush the pump.