SeaGuard Ablative Antifouling Coating
Antifouling Coating | Sherwin-Williams
Seaguard Ablative Antifouling Coating is an advanced antifouling coating based on a polyamide polymer containing cuprous oxide. Recommended for the underwater surfaces of steel vessels operating in all coastal and oceanic waters. This product maintains an effective, bio-active surface during its entire life.
- Long Life
- Brush, roll, or spray application
- A tin-free ablative coating
- Complies with the requirements of MIL-PRF-24647
Color: Red, Black, and Blue
Volume Solids: 65 ± 2%
VOC (EPA Method 24): <400 g/L ; 3.33 lb/gal, maximum
Theoretical Spreading Rate per coat:
|Wet mils (microns)||4.0 (100)||7.0 (175)|
|Dry mils (microns)||2.5 (63)||4.0 (100)|
|~Coverage sq ft/gal (sq m/L)||260 (6.4)||430 (10.5)|
|Theoretical coverage sq ft/gal
(sq m/L) @ 1 mil / 25 microns dft
SeaGuard Ablative Antifouling Coating is for use on prepared surfaces in marine environments:
- As an antifoulant for underwater hull and boot top on vessels operating in global trade with short to medium idle times.
- Use on vessels with a service speed exceeding 10 Knots.
*Note: For complete product information, please refer to sherwin-williams.com.