How do I clean and replace a Y filter screen?
In this article, we explain how to clean and replace the Y filter screen of your Graco Reactor.
The Y filters of a Graco spray foam proportioning system are designed to prevent contaminants from entering the material mix. To avoid unexpected downtime and bad spraying results, you should clean and replace the Y filter screen when needed.
Follow these steps to clean or replace the Y filter screen:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Always wear appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) when cleaning or servicing the spray foam proportioning system or accessories.
- Close the fluid inlet valve at the pump inlet and shut off the appropriate feed pump. This prevents material from being pumped while you clean the screen.
- Place a container under the strainer base to catch drain-off when the strainer plug (C) is removed.
- Remove the screen (A) from the Y strainer manifold. Thoroughly flush the screen with compatible moisture-free solvent and shake it dry. Inspect the screen. No more than 25% of the mesh should be restricted. If more than 25% of the mesh is blocked, replace the screen. Inspect the gasket (B) and replace as required.
- Ensure the pipe plug (D) is screwed into the strainer plug (C). Install the strainer plug with the screen (A) and o-ring (B) in place and tighten. Do not overtighten. Let the gasket make the seal.
- Open the fluid inlet valve, ensure that there are no leaks, and wipe the equipment clean.
Refer to the manual for further directions:
How do I disassemble and assemble the dosing piston retaining ring on the Fusion ClearShot (CS) gun?
This video shows how to disassemble and assemble the dosing piston retaining ring on the Fusion CS gun.
What daily maintenance is needed for the Fusion Air Purge (AP) spray gun?
In this video we explain how to perform the daily maintenance of your Graco Fusion AP spray gun.
What daily maintenance is needed for the Fusion Mechanical Purge (MP) spray gun?
In this video we explain how to perform the daily maintenance of your Graco Fusion MP spray gun.