EcoQuip 2 EQs Dual Line - Operation
Follow along as we show you how to operate and preform a pressure relief on your EQs Dual Line.
Operating the Machine
Learn how to operate the EcoQuip 2 EQs Dual line:
To adjust the blast pressure:
1. Trigger the blast controls switch one and adjust the blast air regulator until the desired pressure appears on the blast pressure gauge.
2. Disengage blast control switch 1. *
* Warning: To avoid injury due to a spray of wet media from the pot, always Pressurize the Pot before opening the abrasive ball valves and engaging the blast control switches.
* NOTE: The blast air pressure is the same for both air nozzles. The blast air pressure is determined by the blast air regulator setting. The minimum blast air regulator setting is 50 psi.
To wet down internal water lines:
1. Adjust Blast Pressure (refer to manual, page 18) *
2. Turn the selector valve to wash.
3. Trigger blast control switches 1 and 2 for at least 10 seconds to allow the internal water lines to fill with water.
4. Disengage blast control switches 1 and 2.
5. Turn the selector valve to BLAST.
6. Open water dose metering valve 1 and 2.
7. Trigger both blasts control switches 1 and 2 for at least 10 seconds to allow for wash-down lines to fill with water.
8. Disengage blast control switches 1 and 2.
9. Shut water dose metering valve 1 and 2.
* Notice: The EcoQuip 2 Dual Line system is shipped with dry water lines. Before you Adjust Abrasive Media, fill the internal water lines with water to prevent media entering the water lines.
To adjust the abrasive media:
1. Adjust Blast Pressure (refer to manual, page 18).
2. Wet the Internal Water Lines (refer to manual, page 18).
3. Open the nozzle 1 abrasive media ball valve and trigger nozzle 1 blast control switch.
4. Turn on the media track display and slowly adjust the nozzle 1 abrasive meter valve until reaching the desired flow of abrasive media. *
5. Disengage the nozzle 1 blast control switch. Wait 5 seconds to allow the pot to re-pressurize.
6. Open the abrasive media ball valve for nozzle 2. Trigger the nozzle 2 blast control switch.
7. Slowly adjust the nozzle 2 abrasive meter valve until the nozzle 2 flow rate displayed on the MediaTrak matches the flow rate for nozzle 1. **
* NOTE: You may have to wait 1-2 minutes for the abrasive material to reach the nozzle.
* NOTE: Test the abrasive media flow on a piece of test material similar to what you will be blasting. Always start as gently as possible. Increase the blast pressure as necessary to clean without damaging the substrate.
** NOTE: To achieve a consistent and reliable abrasive media flow rate for each nozzle, the abrasive media flow rates for both nozzles must be the same.
To replenish the media:
1. Make sure the pot seal plunger is in the down position.
2. Open pot dump valve and make sure the pump selector is still off and the rinse and abrasive ball valves are closed.
3. Open the quick drain valve until water stops flowing from the valve.
4. Close quick drain valve and then add abrasive to the pot.
5. Media should be a few inches below the pot seal plunger so it can seal.
To start the wash feature:
1. Close the abrasive ball valves and turn selector valve to wash.
2. Blast on test material until abrasive is cleared from hose.
To start the standby:
1. Close abrasive ball valve and turn selector valve to off. *
2. Open pot dump valve until pot pressure reads 0 psi.
* Notice: To prevent material from packing out and damaging blast hoses, do not shut off your air compressor during standby
How to relieve system pressure on the EcoQuip 2 EQs Dual Line:
Warning: This equipment stays pressurized until pressure is manually relieved. To help prevent serious injury from pressurized fluid, splashing fluid and moving parts, follow the Pressure Relief Procedure when you stop spraying and before cleaning, checking, or servicing the equipment.
1. Close both of the abrasive ball valves. *
2. Close the supply air shutoff valve and the compressor air valve, then turn the compressor off.
3. Engage the emergency stop.
4. Trigger both blast control switches to relieve system pressure.
5. Verify that the supply pressure gauge reads 0 psi. Then disconnect the supply air hose from the system. (Refer to manual, See FIG. 1, page 8).
6. Turn the selector valve to BLAST.
7. Open the pot dump valve until the pot pressure gauge reads 0 psi.
8. Close the pot dump valve. Turn the selector valve to OFF.
* NOTE: If the abrasive ball valves are not closed when the supply air is shut off, gravity will cause abrasive media and water to drain from the pot into the blast hose.
What is the Blue Liquid in the Water Tank
To protect the unit from various storage and transportation temps, each unit is protected with Windshield Wash Fluid.
Pinch Hose Maintenance
Learn more about what can affect your pinch hose life, how to inspect it, and how to replace it.
How to Get a Steady Flow of Blast Media
Learn more about what may be causing an unsteady flow of blast media.