Modified Amine Epoxy for Chemical Tanks, applied with XM70
Giving shape to the country's plans in the oil Industry
ATLAS Process Equipment, a division of the Al Shirawi Equipment LLC group was established in 1980. Atlas is a manufacturer located in Dubai, The United Arab Emirates and fabricates Process Road Tankers, Cement Bulk Carriers, Semi tipper Trailers, Cesspit Emptier, Transit Mixers, Water Tankers, Dump Trucks, Semi-Trailers, Fuel tankers and Refuse Compactors.
The range of Process Equipment road tankers produced by Atlas required a chemical lining to handle the aggressive chemicals which will be transported. A two component 100 percent volume solid modified Amine Epoxy coating system from Tnemec had to be applied.
The challenge with the above mentioned application was the 60 second purge time, exact paint mix ratio requirement and minimising on paint wastage. What made this application even more challenging were the ambient temperatures in The UAE, which varies from 35 deg C to 45 deg C – which could adversely affect the mixing ratio.
Bridgeport Glass Armor 500 / 90 have previously been applied with GRACO’s Xtreme Mix 360. This was an ideal opportunity for GRACO to introduce the XM70 plural component proportioning system to Tnemec.
The XM70 was evaluated and tested by Tnemec, where Airblast (Middle-East) commissioned and supplied GRACO’s XM70 to Atlas.
Atlas found the following features of the XM70 beneficial for their organisation:
- Accurate and affordable plural component system
- Mix ratio range from 1:1 to 10:1 (in 0.1 increments) allows them to apply a wider variety of coatings.
- Semi dynamic dosing allows for improved mixing of 100 percent volume solid materials.
- Easy to use and understand user control interface for their existing operators.
- USB data downloading useful to keep a record of historical spray data.
On-going production and everyday use of the XM70 by Atlas, allows them to enjoy further benefits in solvent savings.
- Atlas – Dubai United Arab Emirates
- Industry Market Sector: Oil or Gas, Tank, Fabrication, Steel pipe, tank coatings.
- Thick film reinforced modified epoxy internal lining for chemical tanks.
- Material Specifications
- Tnemec Bridgeport Glass Armor 90
- Modified Amine Epoxy. Series 390
- Two Parts A (epoxy) to One: Part B (amine)
- 100 percent Volume Solids
- Pot Life: Purge time less than 60 seconds
- Self – priming
- Pre-heat each component of Series 390 to 43 deg C – 49 deg C prior to spraying.
- XM70 Plural Component Proportioning Airless Sprayer.
- XN8B26 Proportioner
- 70:1 Ratio
- No pump filters
- Remote mix manifold
- Recirculating hoses from dosing valves to tanks with back pressure valves.
- Wall power: 2 fluid heaters and junction box.
- 240V immersion heaters for 20 gallon hoppers.
- 20 gallon hoppers with Twistlock agitators.
- 15 meter 3/8” high pressure integrator hose set
- 3/8” static mixers (with plastic inserts)
- 2 meter ¼” high pressure whip hose.
- XTR7 high pressure Airless spray gun.
- XHD 519 spray tip.
- 5:1 Monark feeding pump kit
- 30:1 Merkur solvent flush pump kit.
- Hopper/hose heat circulation kit.
- Water jacketed dual hose set.
GRACO Distributor Details
- For your no-obligation to buy demonstration on an XM70 in The UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, please contact: Airblast Middle East L.L.C. - P.O. Box 33419 - Dubai - United Arab Emirates, E-mail: email@example.com, www.airblast.com