Graco has identified the best method of detection for issues that may cause off-ratio foam or polyurea to be sprayed. These issues are called single-point variables. Utilizing inlet and outlet pressure monitoring and flow meters, the Reactor 2 can monitor for these issues and shut the proportioner down if required. The operator can then make the necessary updates in order to eliminate the off-ratio condition.
Reactor 2 Ratio Assurance System
- Flow meters are now standard on Reactor 2 Elite models: E-30, H-30, H-40, H-50, E-XP2, H-XP2, and H-XP3
- Kits are available to update existing Reactor 2 models
- Ratio reports available using the Reactor app
- Electric Reactors will now automatically adjust the speed of the motor engine to avoid pump cavitation. This update is called ‘Reactor Smart Control’
Multi-tiered detection system
The Reactor 2 Ratio Assurance System is designed to provide ratio detection so your job is being applied on-ratio and within tolerance.
Graco’s system will provide unsurpassed spray results by combining:
- Mechanically Linked Pumps
- Positive Displacement Piston Pumps
- Outlet Pressure Monitoring
- Flow Meters
- Inlet Pressure Monitoring
Any issues that may cause off-ratio foam or polyurea to be sprayed are called Single-Point Variables. Since no one detection method is best to detect all possible issues, it is important to have a robust, multi-tiered ratio assurance system that incorporates both pressure and flow meter monitoring.
Single-Point Variables you will be able to detect using the Reactor 2 Ratio Assurance System:
- Air in the fluid stream
- Feed pump too small
- Poor material feed to the proportioner
- Proportioner pump issues
- Fluid leaks
- Fluid restriction in heated hose or spray gun