Equipment Upgrade Eliminates Downtime and Waste
Electric supply pump adds 90 minutes to production. Electrostatic paint sprayer saves 200 gallons.
Less Overspray and More Production Save Steelmaker Time and Money
CUSTOMER: Steel fabricator
GRACO EQUIPMENT: E-Flo DC 2-Ball Electric Supply Pump, Pro Xp Auto Electrostatic Spray Gun
CHALLENGE: A company that painted deep-sea steel piping was struggling with downtime and coverage issues.
A five-gallon pressure pot fed a clear coat material to a conventional automatic spray gun.
- The pressure pot needed refilling up to three times per shift. Each refill meant 30 minutes of downtime.
- The conventional paint spray guns produced a lot of overspray and little flow control, wasting about a gallon of material per day.
SOLUTION: Their local equipment distributor and Graco representative suggested two solutions:
- An E-Flo DC 2-Ball Electric Supply Pump would provide constant fluid supply straight from the source, without having to stop for pressure pot refills.
- A Pro Xp Auto Electrostatic Spray Gun would increase transfer efficiency and reduce wasted material.
RESULT: The production line became much more efficient using both Graco standard products:
- Their E-Flo DC 2-Ball Electric Supply Pump eliminated downtime for pressure pot refills, freeing up 90 minutes of production time per shift. The electric pump also helped reduce energy costs.
- Their Pro Xp Auto Electrostatic Spray Gun reduced overspray, saving at least 200 gallons of paint per year.
E-Flo DC ROI Calculator
What return on investment could you get by switching from a pneumatic to an electric pump? Calculate your savings.
5 Ways to Reduce Unplanned Downtime
Looking for ways to stop unplanned downtime? Follow our simple tips, and downtime should not be a problem.
Conventional vs Electrostatic Spray Guns
Which is best for your finishing operation and budget? Seven factors can help you choose the right applicator to maximize spray performance.
Take the Paint Efficiency Audit
Take the paint efficiency audit and assess your current equipment and processes.
Contact an Expert
Have Questions? Let's Talk.
7:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Central Time
Find a Distributor
For local sales and service support